Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] slow startup caused by splash_update?

From: Jeremy Linton <jli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 14:24:21 -0500
Jeff Morriss wrote:

How about some other GTK2 application? My recollection is that GTK2 is pretty talkative (in terms of X traffic).
I just started gimp 2.6.2, its got a similar splash screen. It started in ~10 seconds. It is laggy like wireshark, which lends credence that something in gtk is being a little more chatty than emacs/xterm/etc. The gtk version is 2.14.4, glib 2.18.2 (default for my SUSE 11.1 install).