Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with libsmi and adding MIB files

From: Rick Gudmundson <rickg421@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:56:19 -0500
I'm trying to pre-package some MIB files for the company here and smi.dll is causing an error. I created a directory variable in config.nmake that holds the MIB files. I edited Makefile.nmake below '!IFDEF SMI_DIR...!ENDIF' and added the following:

!IFDEF MY_DIR
    if not exist $(INSTALL_DIR)\snmp mkdir $(INSTALL_DIR)\snmp
    if not exist $(INSTALL_DIR)\snmp\mibs mkdir $(INSTALL_DIR)\snmp\mibs
    xcopy "$(MY_DIR)\*" $(INSTALL_DIR)\snmp\mibs /d
!ENDIF

The files are copied to the folder. But then then next line executed in the build process is:
        wireshark-gtk2\tshark.exe -G | perl doc\dfilter2pod.pl doc\wireshark-filter.pod.template > doc\wireshark-filter.pod

And then a popup "TShark has encountered a problem and needs to close...." I click through for more information and it blames smi.dll:
AppName: tshark.exe     AppVer: 1.1.4.1     ModName: smi.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0     Offset: 0000aafc

The syntax for my MIBs seems ok; I can load them in Wireshark post-install & also in other browsers without problem. If I click OK and continue the process, it finishes without more problems. But when I run wireshark-gtk2/tshark.exe, it throws the same error. I'm stumped on where to look next.

--
Rick