Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 27893: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:21:57 -0400
Stephen Fisher wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:33:24PM -0400, Bill Meier wrote:
Martin Mathieson wrote:
This code uses g_slice_new(), which was introduced in glib 2.10.  Looking at
configure.in, isn't 2.4 the minimum supported version of glib ?

I missed that. Thanks.

I'm cc'ing the dissector author so he can take a look at it.

(I'll determine a fix if there's no response in a few days).

Other parts of Wireshark use GMemChunks instead of the GLib slice allocator. Although when using GLib 2.10+, GMemChunks is written to use the slice allocator anyway. I haven't looked at the code in question above, but this may be the way to go to maintain backwards compatibility...

I've just noticed that the Solaris buildbot is failing on this.

I'll submit a change shortly.