Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Protocol Col / Info col error

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:33:44 +0200
Hi,

Most likely you hide setting of column values in a 'if (tree)' conditional.
That doesn't work.

Thanx,
Jaap

vinayak kamath wrote:
Hi,

I am using wireshark 1.0.6 on RHEL 4 linux. ( Built from source code)...
I have added by own dissector . I am able to decode the messages correctly.
But the Protocol & Info column on GUI doesn't show the right value.

Is this a known thing ???

Heres a code snippet for the dissector

  if (check_col(pinfo->cinfo,COL_PROTOCOL))
    {
col_set_str(pinfo->cinfo,COL_PROTOCOL, "MTL"); }

if (check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO))
      {
        col_add_fstr(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO,"MTL: %s", msgName);
      }

In both these cases it never enters the if condition as a result of which the protocol/Info item never
gets set to the required value.

Any ideas why???

thanks
vinayak