Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RPM for Wireshark 1.0.0 & above (RHEL 4)

From: Satish Chandra <satishchandracms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:30:18 +0530
Hi,

You have create your own RPM of wireshark. Why I recommend this is because many a times RPM created on other Linux machines do not get installed. I have faced this problem as it starts complaining about missing libraries.

If you have multiple Linux machines having the same copy of Linux on which you want to install the rpm, better create one of yours.

Its very easy to create RPM from the Wireshark source files.

-Thanks Regards,
Satish