Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Help on ASN2Wrs

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:55:49 +0100
Hello Tomas,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 08:22:40AM +0100, Kukosa, Tomas wrote:
> PS: I am sorry that the asn2wrs.py is not very readable and would need
> code cleaning and probably few refactorings. But when I started to write
> it (based on Aaron S. Lav's PyZ3950 package) I was not able to imagine
> how much of ASN.1 complexicity we would need to have implemented.

Which reminds me of a favour I wanted to ask of you :-)
Could you please implement the BITS element used in SNMP MIB files?
I have some files and traces that would benefit from decoding the
value bits. As I have no idea how much work I'm asking you to do
just let me know whether it's feasable.

Thanks!

  Joerg