Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] complie fail on WinXP 32bit

From: Andreas Heise <aheise.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:13:00 +0100
[SOLVED]

Hi Bill,

I found the problem, as you assumed it was a problem of other grep version which was in the path of
an old Borland Delphi installation.

thanks for your support,
Andreas

2009/3/22, Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Andreas Heise wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> thanks for your reply, if I called directly from cygwin bash it's OK...
>
> $ bash -o igncr
> $ grep '^register_tap_listener_[a-z_0-9A-Z]* *(' \tap-rtp.c 2>/dev/null | \
>  > grep -v ';' | \
>  > sed -e 's/(.*//'
> register_tap_listener_rtp_streams
> $
>
> any other idea? Seems to be a problem of variables $... ?!

I'm not sure what you mean by "a problem of variables $... ".

Is there something that leads you to that ?

In any case, continuing the debugging, maybe some information as to the
issue can be gotten by trying (from the dos command line):

bash -o igncr make-tapreg-dotc xyz.c . tap-rtp.c

and then checking the contents of xyz.c

This runs the complete script which creates the tshark-tap-register.c
file (but just for 1 input file and with a different output file).