Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] one possible way to speed up filtering

From: yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:40:57 +0800
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 5:24 AM, didier <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'll try to merge it with
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Optimization , this version is
already able to find 2000 DNS packets inside 7 millions packets in 1
second.

Amazing!

It looks that you've done several big modifications such as
1. color filters are applied only once
2. per packet protocol list
3. an others

I'm interested in:

1. how do you do profiling?
2. which modifications contribute most?
3. Is there any plan to merge some improvements to trunk?

For the last one, I find one of your posts in 2007 said you did have a plan, but due to bugzilla's issues, you did not submit them. What's the latest status of this plan now?

Thanks!