Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is 'mark all packets' functionality widely used(or is it use

From: "Sake Blok" <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:55:21 +0100
When you have filtered frames using a display filter, "Mark All" will mark all the displayed items. You can then use a different diplay filter to match some other packets, mark them and so on. Then you can save all the marked frames without having to use a super-complex display filter to match all the frames you want.

So, yes... it is used :-)

However, when the focus is on the input widget for entering a filter, it might be nicer to have it bound to the same text editing function as you have in emacs. You could file an enhancement request for having the text editing options available in the filter input widget.

Cheers,
    Sake