Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Is 'mark all packets' functionality widely used (or is it useful

From: yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:08:05 +0800
Hi dev,

I can not figure out why marking all packets is a useful functionality. Could anyone kindly give some use cases?

Asking such a question is because marking all packets is really slow even if the capture size is not that big.

If it is not that useful, or not widely used, perhaps we can give it a longer key sequence instead of 'Ctrl-A'?

 As I uses Emacs, readline extensively, I always feel tempting to press 'Ctrl-A' during inputing filter string, but only receive a long period of marking.

Thanks!