Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 27790: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/crc/: Mak

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:39:20 +0100
gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=27790

User: gerald
Date: 2009/03/18 02:59 PM

Log:
 Create an "epan/crc" directory for CRC code. Add crc-16-plain.[ch],
 generated from pycrc. The command line used to generate the file is in
 epan/crc/Makefile.common. I used "plain" to distinguish it from CCITT,
 USB, and other 16-bit CRCs. Integrate the new CRC code into our
 infrastructure.
Add crc16_plain_tvb_offset() to epan/crc16.[ch] and use it in
 plugins/profinet/packet-pn-rt.c. This _should_ work correctly, but
 hasn't been tested.

Hi!

I've just checked your CRC changes and it's looking good.

I've removed the CRC GPLv2 code from the PROFINET plugin.

Thanks a lot for your work on this task. My feeling is that this solution is now much better than having more or less generic CRC code in the PN dissector anyway :-)

Regards, ULFL