Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] C++ program usig "editcap"

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 03:45:38 -0700
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:51 AM, SOLTANI FATEN
<Faten.Soltani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'll need to use the EDITCAP to convert files from ASCII format to pcap format, I need a help about writing a
> C++ program, where I call the editpcap function, and where the input file must be located(in the same folder as
> the function editpcap?).
> Thanks for any help

Hmmm, I can vaguely recall writing editcap a long time ago now, and I
just checked the man page again, but I don't think that it does what
you want.

Perhaps you are thinking of text2pcap.

In any event, these programs are not designed as libraries, although
perhaps they should have been. They are simple main programs on their
own.

Have you considered a batch file or one of the other scripting
languages available under Unix and Windows?

For general questions on programming (under Windows perhaps) I suggest
that you search the Web. There are many pages showing you how to run
one program from another.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe