Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Nested ASN1 dissector was Re: Hello to the list and a nested

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:22:27 +0100
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 03:57:25PM +0000, yagvoc-web@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I was actually using a hand made Makefile as of http://wiki.wireshark.org/ASN1_sample,

That example is outdated - sorry for that.

> I was not using the autoconf+automake chain used by the wireshark sources. I have decided to start from scratch and to switch to the common behavior. These are the steps I think I will follow:
> 1)Copy from the asn1/tcap directory the Makefile*

Better would be Makefile.* (note the '.')

> 2)Merge the two asn into one including both

or modify the Makefile.common file to fit your needs (you can specify more than
one asn file, see e.g. asn1/ros/Makefile.common

> 3)Write a simple cnf file
> 4)Follow the usual compilation chain
>
> Actually I already have problems in correctly using the build chain because the Makefile is not created, I don't see it in the list of the created ones while configure is running.
> I hope you will have a few minutes to give me your suggestions

Add the new directory to configure.in: asn1/<NEW>/Makefile and add
the new directory to asn1/Makefile.am and asn1/Makefile.nmake

HTH

 ciao
   Joerg