Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark and 80211s

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:18:28 +0100
Hi all,
i am using wireshark 1.0.2 patched as suggested here HOWTO – open80211s – Trac to sniff traffic from my 80211s mesh network.
I create a monitor interface on a laptop not directly connected to the mesh, and run wireshark on that interface.
Hardware is an Atheros AR5007 and Ath5k drivers, OS is Ubuntu Linux, kernel 2.6.27
I am facing two problems:

1. even if I set wlan channel on e.g. channel 1, wireshark listen on all channel, (does channel hopping by default?) and collect a huge quantity of data i do not need from other wlan network in range, and consequently lose a discrete amount of packets also from my mesh net. Is there a way to set channel also in wireshark? I do not see any suitable option..

2. Does any newer version of wireshark add 802.11s mesh network support without patch?

Thanks a lot.