Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win64 build support

From: Brian Daniel <daniel_brian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:40:46 -0400
Cool thanks folks! Since http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/waterfall shows failed on both wireshark win32 and win64, I'll hold off on my svn update until later tonight when both are green.
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You should now, along with updating SVN. I just checked in a change to use
WIRESHARK_TARGET_PLATFORM (note the fixed spelling) instead of PLATFORM.

Config.nmake sets CPU according to WIRESHARK_TARGET_PLATFORM. You shouldn't have
to set it yourself.

Brian Daniel wrote:
> Yep, turns out I need to keep my setting: Platform=BPC
> Should I use WIRESHRK_TARGET_PLATFORM=win64 ??
> For now, I'll try to temporarily change to Platform=win32 or win64 each
> time I launch the cmd.exe
>
> Also, what CPU= should I put for my Intel Core2 Quad Q6600?
> x86 is a solution for a very old Intel CPU.
> Many Thanks,
> Brian
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>     On Mar 10, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:
>
>     > Should we use something more Wireshark-specific, e.g.
>     > WIRESHRK_TARGET_PLATFORM
>     > instead?
>
>     That might work better.  When Googling for information about this I
>     found at least a couple of instances of some annoying bit of software
>     insisting on setting the PLATFORM environment variable to some silly
>     string such as BPC or HPC and breaking MSVC++ builds, so if we can
>     avoid depending on PLATFORM at all, that might at least keep us from
>     getting hosed by those programs.

Join us for Sharkfest’09  |  Stanford University, June 15 – 18
http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.09/