Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win64 build support

From: Brian Daniel <daniel_brian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:50:59 -0400
Yep, turns out I need to keep my setting: Platform=BPC
Should I use WIRESHRK_TARGET_PLATFORM=win64 ??
For now, I'll try to temporarily change to Platform=win32 or win64 each time I launch the cmd.exe

Also, what CPU= should I put for my Intel Core2 Quad Q6600?
x86 is a solution for a very old Intel CPU.
Many Thanks,
Brian
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mar 10, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:

> Should we use something more Wireshark-specific, e.g.
> WIRESHRK_TARGET_PLATFORM
> instead?

That might work better.  When Googling for information about this I
found at least a couple of instances of some annoying bit of software
insisting on setting the PLATFORM environment variable to some silly
string such as BPC or HPC and breaking MSVC++ builds, so if we can
avoid depending on PLATFORM at all, that might at least keep us from
getting hosed by those programs.