Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win64 build support

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:26:02 -0700

On Mar 10, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:

Should we use something more Wireshark-specific, e.g. WIRESHRK_TARGET_PLATFORM
instead?

That might work better. When Googling for information about this I found at least a couple of instances of some annoying bit of software insisting on setting the PLATFORM environment variable to some silly string such as BPC or HPC and breaking MSVC++ builds, so if we can avoid depending on PLATFORM at all, that might at least keep us from getting hosed by those programs.