Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win64 build support
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:26:02 -0700
On Mar 10, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:

Should we use something more Wireshark-specific, e.g. WIRESHRK_TARGET_PLATFORM
instead?
That might work better.  When Googling for information about this I
found at least a couple of instances of some annoying bit of software
insisting on setting the PLATFORM environment variable to some silly
string such as BPC or HPC and breaking MSVC++ builds, so if we can
avoid depending on PLATFORM at all, that might at least keep us from
getting hosed by those programs.