Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win64 build support

From: Brian Daniel <daniel_brian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:34:33 -0400

Thanks Gerald! Where is the list of CPU abbreviation codes? such as AMD64?
I didn't think it would care about the CPU since I've currently left it selected CPU=win32.
I'm currently on a Core2 Duo CPU E6550 running XP Pro SP3
Once this works on win32 (known to usually work), I'll also try this on my Windows Vista64-bit with Intel Quad system

I installed Visual C++ 2008 & from cmd.exe ran
cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin"
vcvars32.bat
cd\wireshark
"C:\Program Files\SlikSvn\bin\svn" checkout http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk wireshark
nmake -f Makefile.nmake distclean
config.nmake(63) : fatal error U1050: Your mysterious moon-man architecture "BPC" frightens and confuses us.
Stop.

According to http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/waterfall Build 5782 is green even though the win64 is red I should be able to compile win32 right?

Thanks,
Brian