Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Adding dissector: how to register field array with two protocols

From: "Michael Kaufman" <Michael.Kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 17:54:30 +0200
I am adding dissectors for two proprietary protocols. The protocols differs in encapsulation and header structure, but have the same payload structure.

For each protocol I call proto_register_protocol, create_dissector_handle and proto_register_field_array for protocol header fields.

The question is: what should I do with the payload fields? Register them twice, i.e. call proto_register_field_array for the payload fields with each protocol? I am not quite understand what is the meaning of field array registration with protocol.

--
Michael Kaufman