Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] decoding depth & capture format

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:28:25 -0500

I think the problem is that the packets are encrypted:

FCS: 0x3624af  (incorrect, maybe due to ciphering, calculated 0xb5c834)
[...]
.... .... .... ..1. = E bit:  encrypted frame

The GPRS-LLC dissector does not hand the payload off to the next dissector when this is the case.

I suppose in your other (PCAP) captures the data is not encrypted and/or the checksums are correct.

Marc Lebas wrote:
Hello Jeff,

Enclosed is a small capture file (99 records, 27Kb). i can provide you with a bigger file if this excerpt does not contain IP frames.

Marc