Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 27554: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: rtp_

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:51:58 -0700
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:39:11AM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:

> Should we remove that performance boost, or remove it if you don't
> have GTK+ 2.6 or later, or require 2.6 or later?  The Solaris 10 build
> is failing because it doesn't have gtk_list_store_insert_with_values()
> in GTK+; I don't know whether that's the GTK+ that comes with Solaris
> 10's Java Desktop Environment (in which case Solaris 10 users would
> have to install a newer GTK+ to run Wireshark) or not.

My initial fix to the problem Anders brought up requires GTK+ 2.6 or
later (it is wrapped in a GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2,6,0)).  Right now, we have
nineteen GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2,6,0) checks in the code.  GTK+ 2.6.0 is
dated Dec 16 2004 on ftp.gtk.org.  I think it's reasonable to expect a
GTK newer than 5+ years old.

Steve