Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Compile failure windows XP SP 2 VS2008

From: "Kevin Arruda" <karruda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:40:19 -0500

All,

Having some trouble compiling Wireshark from source.  My setup is XP SP2, with VS2008 as my primary IDE (with 2005/03 also installed), source code 1.1.3-SVN27540.  During compilation, I get quite far, but end up failing at :

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '../tools/make-tap-reg.py'

Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN

\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

I’ve tried updating cygwin, checking path variables, etc.  I’m just not sure what’s going on – any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin