Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Memory Question

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:52:22 +0000
>and also, how would i go about freeing the memory?
>Depending on how you're allocating the const BYTE*
I have no idea. short of doing const BYTE* target; i dont know how to allocate or free.

>How are you "sending" the data to your DLL? Are you linking this DLL to wireshark?
i have linked the library using LoadLibrary() in my custom dissector plugin. I will be sending the data as a parameter in a wrapper function within my proxy dll to send it to the lib.

Greg

____________________________
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 15:16, <gogrady@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sebastien,

I will be taking the data and sending it to a dll that i am using as a proxy. the proxy will send the data to a lib that will create a msg type object to be sent back to the proxy dll, then it will be decoded by another lib that has functions to return parts of the message.

hmmm, well, I guess you know what you're doing :)

the msg type object takes a const BYTE* as a parameter along with the size of the buffer. so i guess i want target to be a const BYTE* then eh?
That sounds reasonable!

is that a type thats possible for this?
Yes

and also, how would i go about freeing the memory?
Depending on how you're allocating the const BYTE*

or if its possible to send just part of the tvbuff then i could use that as a parameter, though i dont know a function to do that.

How are you "sending" the data to your DLL? Are you linking this DLL to wireshark?

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel