Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Memory Question

From: Sébastien Tandel <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:01:59 -0300
Hi,

   target is what *you* want it to be. tvb_memcpy is a convenient way to copy a part of the tvbuff in a part of the memory *you* control. iow, you have *allocated* this part of memory and *you* are responsible to *free* this memory.

   Can I ask you where is this "elsewhere" and what is its purpose? Could you not simply use the tvbuff as-is instead? Could you explain us the reasons for which you would like to use tvb_memcpy?

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel