Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 27500: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:01:08 +0100
Hi,

Gryphon is now the example used. Also referred in README.plugins

Thanx,
Jaap

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 feb 2009, at 17:16, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 01:38:29PM +0100, Jaap Keuter wrote:
It is of little use to keep single file dissectors as plugins. Also little or no development is going into these. In order to cut down the number of plugins
these are incorporated into the build in collection.
What is left is:
1. gryphon, as the most senior plugin providing an example for new developers.
   It is referenced in doc/README.plugins.
2. Multiple file dissector plugins (like profinet) are left as they are, since
   the explicit collection of relevant source files has its pros.

IIRC, the rudp dissector was left in because it was a very simple dissector
that could act as a trivial example on how to implement such a thing.
Maybe you could restore it?
Apart from that: I'm very happy with your move as it slightly accelerates
the build and install processes.

ciao
     Joerg

--