Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] make-dissector-reg.py error after svn up

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:19:31 -0700
After doing an svn update a little while ago, I started running into
this error when trying to recompile Wireshark on MacOS X:

Making register.c with python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../tools/make-dissector-reg.py", line 112, in <module>
    regs['wtap_register'].extend(cdict['wtap_register'])
KeyError: 'wtap_register'
make[3]: *** [register.c] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have Python version 2.5.1 FWIW.  I looked at the script
make-dissector-reg.py for a bit and didn't find anything obviously wrong
(though my python skills are limited.)  The above line was added as part
of SVN revision 27532.  The code referenced above is being fed data from
a cache file, epan/dissectors/register-cache.pkl.  I moved that file out
of the way and it regenerated it and went on compiling just fine.  I
even put that the original file back and it still compiles file.

Does anyone have any ideas what happened or experienced the same problem
as I did?

Steve