Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] proto_tree -> proto_item

From: Luca Ceresoli <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 22:37:29 +0100
proto_item_set_text() compiles and works when I pass a proto_tree* as
the first parameter, but it's declared as requiring a proto_item*:
  extern void proto_item_set_text(proto_item *ti, .....);

Is some RTTI used, that translates proto_tree* to proto_item*? I didn't
find documentation about this.

And, most notably, is it legal for me to do that?

Thanks in advance,
Luca