Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Creation / Passing a new tvbuff

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:31:27 -0600
Don't know what a subdissector does, but ill explain more what im doing. Taking the raw data in my custom dissector, sending it to a dll that will act like a proxy. Sends the data to another lib which sends back a message object to the proxy. Then that object is send to a decoder lib which will allow me to pick out parts of the message that i want using the functions in the decoder lib.

the first lib takes a buffer as parameter and i was wondering how i could pass the data from the dissector to the proxy to the lib. So if thats a subdissector...then yes. What does tvb_new_subset(...) do? I'm new to wireshark development.

Thanks,
Greg

---- wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Like a subdissector ?

Look at tcp_dissect_pdus (into packet-tcp.c) :
next_tvb = tvb_new_subset(tvb, offset, length, plen);

Olivier

Wireshark Generic Dissector http://wsgd.free.fr