Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Calling Non-Standard dissectors from L2TP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:40:52 -0800

On Feb 24, 2009, at 2:57 AM, Akshitij Malik wrote:

I was wondering if it is possible for L2TP to call on a dissector other than the standard dissectors mentioned in proto_reg_handoff_l2tp?

Currently, no, not without modifying the L2TP dissector.

However, there should probably be a dissector table for the L2TPv3 dissector, so that arbitrary dissectors can register in that table with the appropriate protocol number, which would let your dissector do so.