Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] It takes forever to compile Wireshark on my box

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:49:04 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I am a newbie!!! I have installed wireshark on a Ubuntu box and am trying
to add my own dissector to it by copying the file in epan/dissectors and
configuring Makefile.common.

Every time I go for compilation it takes almost one hour for it to
compile. Funny thing is that without touching it compiling the original
source code only take 25 minutes.

I wonder if there is anyway to make it faster.

Appreciate your help,

Seyed.

Seyed M. Mirtaheri
+1 (778) 883 3500