Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding numbers to the tree

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:00:10 -0600
Ahh thank you, i think i get that. But also, for "id". It takes an int, but what if i want to put a different string there? I want to be able to include my own string for output that isn't in a static const value_string. I will be return data from a function from a loaded dll. And just something like:

proto_tree_add_uint(tree, "Test: ", tvb, 0, 0, 7)

or

proto_tree_add_uint(tree, testfunction(), tvb, 0, 0, 7)

where testfunction() would return a char * or something of the sort. Is there an easy way to do something like this?

Greg