Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding numbers to the tree

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:22:40 +0000
Hi,
I read both of these. Say i just wanted to output the integer 7.
proto_tree_add_uint(tree, id, tvb?, ?, ?, 7);
i dont understand what tvb is / does i guess.

Also, i will be using the raw data to send to a function to send back a string for the header names. where would be the best place to put the function for the return string? would in the proto_register hf_register_info be ok? or in the dissect_foo() when adding to the tree? and what data type should be used, i was thinking char * but so far i've only gotten junk to output when using proto_tree_add_text(...) when i have a test function returning "test" as a char *.

Greg

---- Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Look in doc/README.developer and epan/proto.h for
proto_tree_add_uint[_format](tree, ...)

Thanx,
Jaap