Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problems to fill COL_INFO in a new dissector

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:29:45 +0100
Hello,

Well here is the full story.

I managed to code a new dissector from its ASN.1 description (Cisco
CRSPv3).
Everything is working except that I want to have some informations
showed in the column "Info".

At this time I can parse the tvb to match the info I need, but in this
case the dissector does the same work 2 times (one time to get the info
I need in the "Info" column and the other time with the dissector
generated code to populate the tree).

So, is there a way to get the information dissected in the packet
without parsing and doing the work of the dissector itself ? (NB: The
code of the dissector is generated from the ASN.1 file)

Regards,
Xavier OURCIERE.
France Telecom R&D