Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Loading a DLL into custom dissector

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 9:01:29 -0600
Hello,

I have created my own custom dissector, it will take raw data and send it to a sort of "proxy" dll that will send the raw data elsewhere to be decoded and then sent back. However i'm having a bit of trouble doing this since i'm new to it all. So i had a few questions.

1) In what order are the functions in the dissector called? If one of the functions is called at the start of the dissection then could i load my DLL there for later use in the dissect_foo() function?
2) I'm loading the dll implicitly, do i have to unload it? / how do i unload if i must?

i was hoping to load the dll and use global variables for the functions i will use so i can load it once, then use the functions in dissect_foo()

Thank you for any help,
Greg