Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] MS Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributables

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:55:28 +0000
A recent report on the users list identified that win32 nightly builds produced using VS2008 SP1 require the installation of the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributables to get the CRT DLL's installed.  These don't seem to be installed by default on Vista Business SP1 or Server Standard 2008 SP1 and probably not on earlier incarnations of the OS.  In particular on a 64 bit OS you need the 32 bit version of the DLL's.

Should we be including, and installing the package with the win32 builds?
--
Regards,

Graham Bloice
Software Developer