Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Which patches go in 1.0.x versus 1.1.x ?

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:17:20 -0500
Abhik Sarkar wrote:
Hi Michael,

A similar question was answered by Ulf just a few months back...
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200809/msg00041.html

Hope this helps
Regards,
Abhik.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Michael Lum
<michael.lum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hi,

how is it determined whether a patch will be in the next release,
1.0.7 now, or the future 1.1.x release ?

There are patches I have submitted that are resolved but have
not shown up in 1.0.5 or 1.0.6.

Did I set one of the Bugzilla parameters incorrectly ?

Thanks.

--

As i understand things:

The short answer is that basically only bug fixes are done in the current "stable" branch.

Every so often a new stable branch is created from the current development branch.

For the current tentative roadmap see:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Roadmap