Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Can't run compiled Wireshark or tshark

From: Abhik Sarkar <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 20:23:32 +0400
Hi All,

I did an svn update on my working copy after a while and though
compilation is successful, neither Wireshark not tshark start-up
successfully. I am on Windows XP SP 2 with MS VC2008EE. tshark fails
to start with the following error:

F:\wireshark-src\wireshark-gtk2>tshark
**
ERROR:packet.c:707:???: assertion failed: (sub_dissectors)
F:\wireshark-src\wireshark-gtk2>

I can't figure out the reason. I find that some dissectors do a
dissector_add for a table which doesn't exist... e.g.
packet-sqloracle.c:     dissector_add("tns.port", TCP_PORT_TNS, sqloracle_hand);
I couldn't find the table "tns.port" being defined anywhere and I
suspect this should be "tcp.port". At the same time, this dissector
seems to have been committed 4 months back... so surely someone else
would have spotted this by now if this is the issue.

I can't catch this from within VS because the process runs for a very
short time (not enough for me to attach to it). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Abhik.