Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] explicitly stop capture with Tshark

From: "Joshua (Shiwei) Zhao" <swzhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:56:18 -0800
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Windows, currently the only way to get it to cleanly exit is to
send it a "control-C event"; I don't know whether there's any way to
do that other than to type ^C to it while it's running.
On windows, we can use PSKILL to kill a process or to kill all process of same program.  It did not work well with Ethereal on flushing out packets.
I'll try it with tshark and see how it may work.

Thanks,
Joshua