Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] About when do Tap listeners get called (and report a typo in

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:37:32 -0500

yami wrote:
Hi dev,

In doc/READE.tapping, section 'WHEN DO TAP LISTENERS GET CALLED' says:

  Tap listeners are only called when Wireshark reads a new capture for
   the first time or whenever Wireshark needs to rescan/redissect
   the capture.

Could anyone tell me the code place to ensure this? I could not find the related code.

Well, I don't think it's a case of ensuring that but rather a question of when Wireshark needs to redissect a packet: whenever Wireshark needs to (re)dissect a packet then it will call the dissectors again which will in turn send the packet to the taps.

BTW, in section 'TAP LISTENER' 2nd sentence, 'sInterfacing' should be 'Interfacing'.

Fixed, thanks.