Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Plugin module dissctor fails assertion

From: Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsduifb@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:33:07 +0100
Jeff Morriss schrieb:

>> dissector_add("usb.data_flag", 0x1, sbig_handle);
>>
>> Wireshark cries out in pain:
>>
>> ERROR:packet.c:697:dissector_add: assertion failed: (sub_dissectors)
>
> The problem, I think, is that "usb.data_flag" is not a registered
> subdissector table.  packet-usb.c only registers 2 dissector tables:

You are exactly right - I thought I could use any expression which I
could also use within wireshark (e.g. usb.data_flag == 1). However, it
seems I cannot.

Using usb.bulk does not do the trick, however - it does not seem to
register correctly (although it does not give the above exception). When
I change the line to

dissector_add("usb.bulk", 0x1, sbig_handle);

it just does not recognize bulk trasnfers as the SBIG protocol. How do I
then use the dissector_add command to achieve what I want?

Kind regards,
Johannes