Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New toplevel Telephone menu item

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:58:08 +0100
Yeah, very funny. Now go back playing with the mains wires, ok? ;)

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 feb 2009, at 21:50, Paul Scott <yoyo42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2009/1/31 Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>:

It all depends of your point of view. For networking guys everything slightly related to real time communications is quickly called Telephony, while telephony guys look at it as purely voice communications[2]. Telecom on the other hand casts a net over all real time communications, being either voice, video, modem,
fax etc.
So Telephony may be too strict, while Telecom may be too wide....

Telecomy?