Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] compare two capture files and io graph

From: michele <michele@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:42:12 +0100
Martin Visser wrote:

You might also
optionally overlay the graphs. The problem with merging the captures files is that you really still have to keep them separate to make all of the other deconding and detailed analysis is consistent.

Overlaying the two graphs in the same IO Graph window is, to me, the best way to perform a comparison. But IO Graph parse the current capture file (the one opened in Wireshark) and does not provide the feature of plotting two different dumps.

Since modifying IO Graph for processing two separated capture files doesn't seems easy, my first idea was to merge the two files into one single dump.

I'm interested in other opinions.

Bye