Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] map decoding problems

From: Cristian Constantin <cristian.constantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:13:45 +0100
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:09:37PM +0100, Anders Broman wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 09:33:26PM +0100, Anders Broman wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I have checked in a fix in revision 2731, formally I think the frame
> >> is wrongly Encoded as the tag [3] is missing but from comments in the
> >> code It looks like this is common, also from the comments in the asn1
> >> Description IMSI should be there as well, right?
> >
> >cristian: than why is it marked as OPTIONAL??
> >(see below)
> >
> >from the asn1 point of view, a SendRoutingInfoRes SEQUENCE w/o imsi is correct.
> Yes
>
> But
> >     -- IMSI must be present if SendRoutingInfoRes is not segmented.
> I take that to mean that IMSI must be present but in the case of segmentation
> IMSI is only in the first segment(?)
> E.g message ASN1 syntactly correct but not according to spec?

cristian: right. according to the asn1 syntax this message would have a
_correctly_ encoded pdu; it does not conform to the 3gpp map semantics
though. is there a way to show this in ws?

otoh decoding the roamingNumber in the extendedRoutingInfo as imsi was
also not correct...

thanks a lot!
bye now!
cristian