Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Desperate question on a Windows based wireshark setup

From: "Chris De Grasse" <cdegrasse@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:22:10 -0800

Hi,

I like to apologize for bugging you guys, but this is a last ditch effort (checked all of the FAQs, Google links, etc. and came up empty). I just wanted to know if there’s a way (and if so possibly a link) on how to set up Wireshark like this:

Client with DHCP address<----------> {Internet} ß---à [ 70.213.178.33 Wireless Router (IN) | (OUT) 192.168.1.1] ß---------à Wireless REMOTE client (192.168.1.90 [Fixed address]

The wireless router is set up with port forwarding software, so if you hit the real world IP (70.xxx.xxx.xxx) it will (should) forward SNMP traffic to the Remote clients fixed IP address 192.168.1.90. The problem (at least one of the problems) appears to be that the wireless NIC on the remote client is not being picked up by the client. I installed the latest wincap but no go. I just need to be able to get ANY SNMP traffic across the link to test if the port forwarding can be turned on and off.  Again, I apologize for bugging you folks. Maybe there’s a forum to post to?  …but haven’t come across it. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Best regards,

Chris (newbie) de Grasse