Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to add one dissector after adding one?

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 23:03:25 +0100
Hello,

foo2 register :

 dissector_add("foo1.<specific_field_for_subdissector>",
<value of foo1.<specific_field_for_subdissector> for which foo2 must be called>,
               dissector_handle);

foo1 register (before register_dissector) :

dissector_table = register_dissector_table("foo1.<specific_field_for_subdissector>", "FOO1 <specific_field_for_subdissector>", FT_UINT8 or FT_UINT16 or ..., BASE_DEC);

  register_heur_dissector_list("foo1",
                               &heur_subdissector_list);

foo1 handoff (necessary for decode_udp_ports) :

 data_handle = find_dissector("data");

foo1 dissect :

Call something "like" (you must make some modifications to match you needs) :
 decode_udp_ports(tvb,
                         <offset of data for subdissector>,
                          pinfo,
                          tree,
                          <1st value of <specific_field_for_subdissector>>,
                          <2nd value of <specific_field_for_subdissector>>,
                          <size of data for subdissector>);

Olivier

Siva.S a �crit :
Hi,

   I have added one dissector (foo1) that comes after UDP. Now, I want
to add another dissector(foo2) that comes after "foo1".

Do "foo1" packets always include "foo2" packets (if they include any packet at all)? Or could they have "foo3" or "foo4" or... packets instead?

Thank you very much for your reply. Consider "foo1" packets always include "foo2" packets. I'll be happy if u explain me both the cases.

Thanks & Regards,
Siva.S