Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with FAQ on Windows

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:31:28 -0500
Peter Johansson wrote:
I have not been able to compile Wireshark at all, not once since mid December. The problem seems to lie in the copying of the help\faq.txt file to FAQ. This copy operation (cp --preserve help\faq.txt FAQ) somehow sets different security permissions than that of the help\faq.txt file.

It sounds like it would be better to use something like

xcopy /Y help\faq.txt FAQ   rather than using cygwin cp ....

Could you try changing Makefile.nmake to use xcopy ... to see if that works properly in your environment.

If so, let us know and I'll commit the change.

Bill Meier