Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 26904: /trunk/plugins/unis

From: Chad Singer <csinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:13:16 -0500
Can you give us an example of a proper heuristic dissector or can you give me an example of a TAPA packet that got eaten by the heuristic patch Don provided? Do we just need to do more checks to eliminate the possibility of non-unistim packets being detected as unistim?

Chad Singer
Software Developer
Cypress Communications
404-442-0216

Jaap Keuter wrote:

Hello Don,

Seems that your unistim patch didn't go down well, so has basically been
reverted. Could you please work with Bill (wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx) and Joerg
(jmayer@xxxxxxxxx) to get this heuristics things out of the way?

Thanx,
Jaap