Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] LTE MAC

From: "Yuming fang" <fangyuming.leo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:48:57 +0800

2008/12/24 Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

I just submitted an LTE MAC dissector.  In order to decode MAC frames it needs to know at least :
- the RNTI type associated with the frame
- direction (uplink or downlink)

These and other fields that can be passed to the dissector are in epan/dissectors/packet-mac-lte.h.  I've added support for filling in this info from the DCT2000 format (see packet-catpault-dct2000.c, attach_mac_lte_info()).

You mean you add a LTE MAC dissector in wireshark. And you could invoke this dissector when the wireshark find there is LTE data in DCT2000-format packets. Actually the packet-catpault-dct2000.c could know the data is LTE MAC data. Is this right? Where could I find these code? Could you give me a link?

I'd be happy to try to help anyone else who's working with LTE MAC to call the dissector from whatever file format or encapsulation they may be using.

I am adding the LTE MAC code into a TCP(LTEMAC) dissector(packet_tcp_lte.c). There are mainly three functions in this file.
static int dissect_tcp_lte(tvbuff_t *tvb, packet_info *pinfo, proto_tree *tree);
void proto_register_tcp_lte(void);
void proto_reg_handoff_tcp_lte(void);
I am adding the LTE code into these functions. Could this solution work?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Yuming

Regards,