Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Parsing SMB Packet

From: yami <yamisoe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:15:46 +0800
Hi,

It seems that the 'response' from your device is not correct. The 'Request/Response' of 'Flags' is alwasy '0' in SMB headers (which means an SMB request).
For example, packet 5 is a Negotiate Request from 10.255.10.4.103 to 10.255.105.150, however packet 8 is also a Negotiate Request in the reversed direction.

It seems to me that packet 8 should be a response, therefore the 'Request/Response' bit of 'Flags' should be '1'.

BTW, I use version 1.0.4 (revision 26501) to view the traffic and found no 'continuation data'. A difference behavior between these two versions?