Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RFE: multiple simultaneous files

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:48:52 +0100
Hi,

The MDI interface was discussed at SharkFest'08 is deemed a long distance goal. Currently the dissector engine model doesn't support it very well, so this obstacle has to be cleared before MDI comes into view.

Thanx,
Jaap

Phillip Heller wrote:
Hello there,

Just wanted to request the ability to have multiple files opened simultaneously from within a single wireshark process.

Often times I'll have multiple capture files from which I want to compare packets.

--phil